Having acne and oily prone skin is extremely common, especially for teens, those in their early 20’s and for individuals with hormonal imbalances. However, choosing to treat acne or oily prone skin with conventional products that use various chemicals and alcohols in their formulations can often cause more issues. Harsh ingredients typically used in most skin care products strip away the skin’s natural (healthy) oils, which can actually cause more acne challenges for the skin, as well as dehydration and various skin irritations and sensitivities….
Since the skin naturally produces oil, when we use products that remove our natural oils it causes the sebaceous glands (oil glands) in the skin to work over-time, which ultimately makes the skin even more oily, since there is now an imbalance of the skin’s pH.
At Skin Essence Organics, our skin care routine for acne and/or oily prone skin actually helps to balance and naturally maintain the pH of your skin! We don’t add any harsh chemicals or alcohols that strip and dry out your skin, as we use various organic ingredients that specifically help to control excess oil and acne from occurring in the first place.
Here are some of the amazing ingredients we use in our formulas that are extremely beneficial for those with acne and excess oil…
- Geranium: Geranium contains natural astringent properties that help skin conditions such as acne, eczema and balancing oily skin.
- Lavender: Lavender is known to heal acne, treat skin burns and soothe inflammatory conditions of the skin.
- Tea Tree: Widely known for its use as a natural anti-microbial making it great for acne prone skin and break-outs. Tea Tree Oil also provides an uplifting, refreshing aroma.
- Lime Oil: Lime oil has a refreshing aroma and has been used for centuries to heal wounds and help the skin remain clean and clear.
- Lemongrass: Lemongrass, not only offers a pleasantly refreshing scent, but it also contains a rich natural source of vitamin A, which is known for its ability to treat fine lines and wrinkles.
- Peppermint: Peppermint essential oil contains excellent anti-inflammatory properties and offers a refreshing scent. Its soothing abilities are great for reducing skin conditions such as acne as well as; itchy and irritated skin. Peppermint also helps to stimulate blood circulation in the skin, which is ideal for promoting healing to occur.
- Eucalyptus: Well known for its use in aromatherapy, Eucalyptus contains healing and soothing abilities making it excellent for use in treating acne and scarring.
Here is great Routine for Acne and Oily Prone Skin:
FRESH: This facial cleanser contains numerous plant ingredients that have natural anti-bacterial properties and will remove dirt, oil, and make-up without causing redness, drying or irritation.
Simply apply a quarter size amount, massage onto skin, rinse, and remove excess makeup and oil with a damp face cloth.
FACIAL IN A JAR: This exfoliant/mask has been formulated to effectively remove excess dirt, oil and dead skin cells. This is a very important step for acne/oily prone skin, as this helps to remove dead skin cells that clog pores and form blackheads.
Mix approx. 1 tsp of powder to approx. 1.5 tsp of water. Gently massage onto skin, leave on for 2-3 minutes, rinse, and apply Light Moisturizer.
LIGHT: Our #1 Acne selling moisturizing serum. This unique product contains numerous plant extracts that are not only healing to the skin, but also offer excellent anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory benefits to help your skin look great and reduce the occurrence break outs.
Apply 1/2 a pump and massage onto damp skin. Tip: add a couple drops of water to the oil to thin it out if you want a lighter feel.
E CREAM: This soothing skin balm is a great option those who are prone to dry skin but also have acne, and/or irritated skin. After applying the LIGHT add a thin layer of E CREAM to dry or acne prone areas.
Feel good about your skin, with skin care that is simple, pure, and healthy!